Animal Medical Assistance Fund
If you need financial assistance for veterinary treatment please read.
Every day thousands of animals die because they do not receive medical treatment they require. A large portion of these deaths are because the owners of these pets simply can not afford the medical treatment to help their pet. Unforeseeable accidents are common and costly for pet owners. Every day there are new advancements in veterinary medicine and every day the cost for that medicine rises higher and higher. Daily I hear stories from loving pet owners who have received estimates from their veterinarian of $1000, $2,500 even $7000. People who love their pets but never imagined or planned for their petsí expenses to be an extreme financial hardship. People are now having to make the heartbreaking decision to euthanize a treatable pet because they cannot afford the medical bills. These tough decisions are the reason I started Animal Medical Assistance Fund.
We work as a simple two part system. First. Animal Medical Fund accepts donations from animal lovers and fund raising efforts to offset the bill you receive. Second, we work with veterinarians to negotiate lower prices for treatment. We have hospitals we deal with on a regular basis and we send them a lot of business. As a result the hospitals give us discounts. Sometimes they give us very large discounts. We never pay for the complete service we only pay for a portion. Sometimes we don't pay for any of the bill but we help by getting a veterinarian that will treat your pet at a discounted rate. We are here to assist you with the bill and the cost. We are not here to pay it for you.
If you have a pet and live in the Los Angeles area and would like to apply for assistance, here is what you must know and what you must do. Please FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW carefully. Include all of the items we are asking for. We are not here to make a profit and do not want to waste time and money emailing back and forth trying to get the documentaion we need.
1. You must email us ( email@example.com ) a one page letter telling us a little bit about you and your pet. Explain to us your situation, why you need assistance and what is special about your case. Include in your email ALL of the items below.
2. Include copies of all medical records.
3. Include copies of all laboratory work.
4. Include copies of all estimates for treatment.
5. Include copies of Radiographs. ( If your Vet does not have digital Radiology then ask him if you can put the X-Rays on a view box with the lights in the room turned off and take a digital photograph of the X-Ray).
6. Include a picture of you and your pet.
7. Include your name, address, phone number and email address.
8. In the subject line type your name and "I need medical assistance".
Things you need to know
1. We do not guarantee that one of the hospitals will make a deal to treat your pet. Sometimes the treatment requires a specialist or the estimate you received was all ready a bargain and the Dr's we deal with are not willing to do the treatment.
2. At this time we are ONLY working in Los Angeles, Ca and surrounding areas. What this means to you is you must travel to the hospital we find who is willing to treat your pet.
3. We do not guarantee the medical treatment. That has nothing to do with us. We are not the hospital, we are not veterinarians. We do not give medical advice.
4. We do not guarantee that our "powers at be" will approve financial assistance.
5. The hospitals we deal with are our MOST valued asset. Some of the Veterinarians, receptionists and Technicians are our contributors. We insist that you treat them with patience, kindness, thankfulness and respect. So please remember they are doing us and YOU a favor.6. Failure to follow the above instructions may lead to your request being delayed or denied.